This is a programme designed to increase self worth, confidence and improve skills for people classed as long term unemployed. The programme is specifically for over 25 year old's which is a group quite often overlooked in terms of funding and which consequently can feel discriminated against.
The units are made up of skills that are both fun and transferable especially the optional units of which each person can choose three. Our partners at Calderdale college recognise this as a potential feeder course for their music technology training, providing an opportunity for those taking part to go on to further education. We would expect participants to complete 300 hours of training over a 6 month period.
- Employability skills – CV creating, interview skills, cover letter writing, job search and Practical skills
- Basic skills – Diagnostic assessments, tutored sessions to improve levels (no accreditation offered)
- Work experience – Practical and genuine experiences within the entertainment industry (some evenings and weekends)
- Work placements – covering all areas of work experience
- Peace education programme – self awareness training, improving confidence and self esteem, self respect and respect for others
- Music technology skills
- Guitar lessons
- Keyboard lessons
- Drum lessons
- Exercise classes
- Lighting technology skills
- Theatre classes